Anilox Management from the Experts
Eaglewood Technologies offers an intelligent, environmentally safe anilox cleaning solution for every flexographic printer. Solutions include award-winning Sitexco laser systems to the simply innovative Sanilox System or ultrasonic cleaning solutions.
- Advanced technology, combined with cutting-edge software, allows the user to easily clean ink and coating chemistries of all types!
- Track, measure, clean and control your anilox inventory with the aid of anilox management systems.
- Avoid downtime, eliminate the use of caustic chemicals, use less ink and substrate, improve your quality.
Anilox rolls are critical to efficient, quality printing so it is important to keep them clean.
Eaglewood Technologies has helped printers and converters globally save money and improve their print quality by removing dried ink, adhesives, coatings and varnishes from their rolls and sleeves. Our systems also easily clean coating rolls in offset presses and glue rolls on corrugators.
How will proper anilox roll cleaning benefit your operation?
The anilox is the heart of the flexographic printing press and any issues with the anilox roll will undermine the print quality. Here are some ways that a consistent clean across the entire anilox roll will benefit your operation:
- Avoid press downtime caused by having to scrub your anilox rolls with brushes
- Decrease the use of caustic chemicals — our products are eco-friendly
- Reduce the potential of rejected product from the customer
- Use less ink and less substrate
- Increase the lifespan of your anilox rolls
- The same system can clean anilox rolls, coating rolls, adhesive rolls, journaled rolls, and glue rolls
- The line count of your roll and the engraving will not affect how this system cleans
- Quickly deep clean your anilox rolls after power outages cause the ink to dry and plug the anilox
- The Sanilox™ System uses a food grade media that is USDA and FDA approved for use in food grade facilities
- Clean faster and more consistently than all other technologies, while being the economical and completely non-hazardous option
Request a quote or more information
Sitexco Cleaning Systems
The Most Advanced Roll Cleaning System in the WorldThe award-winning Sitexco Roll Cleaning System is the most intelligent, environmentally-safe, and exact (absolute) way of maintaining your anilox inventory. Advanced laser technology, combined with cutting-edge software, allows the user to easily clean ink and coating chemistries of all types. It can also clean multiple narrow web rolls or a combination of narrow and wide web rolls and sleeves with one machine. The Sitexco Systems won the 2018 FTA Technical Innovation Award and was a finalist for the Label Industry Global Innovation Award. According to the FTA, “Recipients of the Technical Innovation Award are deemed by a panel of industry experts to have the potential power to change flexography’s future for the better. Those selected to receive this esteemed award gain global recognition and exposure.”
- No Line Count Limitations
- Cleans Any Type of Ink: Water Based, Energy Curable (UV, LED), Solvent Based, Adhesives,
- Varnishes, Coatings, etc.
- Cleans Anilox Rolls with Journals and Anilox Sleeves
- Does Not Cause Damage or Degrade Cells
- Does Not Generate Any Waste
- Does Not Require a Water Source
- Simple User Interface, Easy for Anyone to Operate
- Proven Technology
Sitexco Unique Features
- RFID compatibility
- Additional Laser Head option
- Microscope integration
- Remote access
- Custom software
How It Works
Laser cleaning achieves success through ablation. The laser rapidly heats the material which absorbs the laser energy and evaporates or sublimates the ink chemistry. There are some particles or residues that cannot be destroyed by the laser but are removed from the surface and collected by the Sitexco extraction system. The laser used in this system is specifically designed to efficiently and effectively remove any ink chemistry by using the right pulse repetition rate which allows for the most accurate dwell time to assure proper cleaning. The Sitexco System uses the lowest wattage laser on the market to assure not only the most effective cleaning but it also assures it will continue to yield safe results for the life of the machine.
The intelligent laser used in the Sitexco System ablates any ink chemistry leaving your rolls, ceramic or chrome sparkling clean. Sitexco delivers a consistent clean, every time.
Sitexco only uses 1.5 kw of power per hour (less than your household dishwasher). The only truly sustainable roll cleaning technology on the market.
The touch screen interface allows for information to be easily entered and stored for easy recall.
Safety is critical in manufacturing facilities. Sitexco has interlocks that assure the machine is shut down immediately if the safety guards are bypassed.
Sanilox™ Cleaning Systems
The Fastest and Most Efficient In-Press Anilox Roll Cleaning System on the MarketThe Sanilox™ system is an innovative, environmentally-safe anilox roll cleaning system engineered by Eaglewood Technologies. Sanilox™ is easy to operate and is controlled by a simple touch screen interface.
- Quick and easy to use
- No Line Screen or Geometry Limitations
- One system cleans anilox rolls of any diameter
- A color touch screen makes it easy to operate and track roll inventory data
- Increases the life of your anilox rolls
- One year warranty and 90-day money-back guarantee
- Any adhesive, ink, coating, varnish or glue chemistry
- Journaled rolls
- Gravure rolls
- Glue rolls
- Coating rolls
- Adhesive rolls
How It Works
The Sanilox™ media delivery system fractures the media to below six microns when applied at 35 psi – this means the media reaches the bottom of the cell, ensuring the entire cell gets cleaned (not just the walls of the cell). Other media blasters, including plastic, use a lower pressure in order to “recycle” and re-use media. At a lower pressure, the cleaning time can take up to four times as long. “Recycling” units are less effective cleaning machines since the ink and anything else that is being removed gets recycled as well. This means the roller never truly gets cleaned and dried ink is driven into it over and over.
The Sanilox™ System uses a special formulation of sodium bicarbonate specifically designed for the deep cleaning of aniloxes. This media is manufactured by Armex® the industrial division of Arm and Hammer. The Anilox formulation is USDA and FDA approved for use in food-grade packaging facilities. This media breaks down enough to reach the bottom of the cells of even the finest line screen aniloxes on the market.
The Sanilox™ system fractures the media to below six microns when applied at 35 psi. This means the media reaches the bottom of the cell, ensuring the entire cell gets cleaned (not just the wall of the cell).
The Sanilox™ system uses a two-stage HEPA filtering system that delivers dust-free operation throughout the entire cleaning process. There is one collection point for easy disposal and zero mess.
The touch screen interface allows for information to be easily entered and stored for simple recall.
IN-PRESS AND OFF-PRESS OPTIONS
The Sanliox™ system can be quickly and easily transformed from an in-press to an off-press system. No other machine on the market today offers this flexibility.
XPress™ Anillox Cleaning Service
Fast and Exceptional Anilox Cleaning ServicesEaglewood Technologies has been providing anilox roll cleaning services for more than 25 years. Our team of skilled technicians has successfully cleaned nearly 30,000 rolls on-site at our customers' facilities and off-site at Eaglewood Technologies. Our service is fast, effective, and safe. XPress Service brings our proven Sanilox™ roll cleaning technology to you. Expert technicians will perform service on-site at your facility or off-site at Eaglewood Technologies.
- On-site at your facility or off-site at Eaglewood Technologies
- Any ink, coating, varnish or glue chemistry
- Anilox sleeves
- Rolls with journals
- Glue rolls on corrugators
- Offset coating rolls
- Gravure cylinder
How It Works
The Sani-Blast™ Service uses our proven Sanilox™ and Sitexco System.
The Sanilox™ media delivery system fractures the media to below six microns when applied at 35 psi. As a result, the media reaches the bottom of the cell which ensures that the entire cell gets cleaned (not just the cell walls). The Sanilox™ system is safe for your cylinders, your people, and the environment.
- Sanilox™ In-press cleans anilox rolls in-press by attaching the track via magnets to the print deck.
- Sanilox™ Off-press cleans anilox rolls by using an Anilox Roll Cart attachment.
The Sitexco Roll Cleaning System is the most intelligent and effective way of cleaning your anilox rolls. Advanced laser technology combined with cutting-edge software, allows our technicians to easily clean your ink and coating chemistries. This technology is only available for off-site cleaning at Eaglewood Technologies with a 99” overall length limit.
Our services are safe for your rolls, your people, and the environment.
Our skilled technicians provide roll reports that illustrate the effectiveness of the cleaning service and the condition of your anilox. Deep cleaning will save you money, increase productivity, and extend the life of your rolls.
XPress™ Anillox Cleaning Service uses our proven Sanilox™ technology on-site at your facility. Our off-site cleaning technologies include either Sanilox™ or our award-winning Sitexco Laser System.