Toyobo has commercialized the world’s first water–wash flexo plate, Cosmolight®. The superior photopolymer technology produces a water–wash plate which is also durable to water–based ink, as well as solvent based and UV–ink.
This revolutionary plate eliminates the need to use toxic, environmentally damaging washout solvents , and allows processing by “Water”, one of our most abundant natural resources.
Discover a fresh advantage with Cosmolight®, the leading water–wash, environmentally friendly flexo plate.
- Washout in plain tap water with a small amount of mild detergent.
- Eliminates the use of dangerous hydrocarbon and hazardous washout solvents.
- Plates are “press-ready” within an hour and “press-down time” is dramatically reduced.
- Print quality is excellent with both water-based and alcohol-based ink.
- High resolution and reproducibility provides sharp details.
- Excellent ozone resistance.
- Excellent ink transfer.
- Excellent resistance to solvent ink. (type NS, NH, QS and QH)
- Thickness tolerance allows for “kiss” impression settings.
- “A closed washout system” allows for repeated use of the washout solution.
Structure of Plate
Washout in plain tap water with a small amount of mild detergent. (Water temperature should be 40℃(104℉))
Eliminate the use of dangerous hydrocarbon and hazardous water solvents.
>> Download Plate Making Process