Automation Engine Sets New Standard for Prepress Workflow Automation
With the introduction of the new Esko Suite 12 and Webcenter 12, the updated Automation Engine 12 is a major component of Esko’s management programs improvements. Automation Engine 12 is setting a new standard for prepress workflow automation with the new capabilities of the network. The updated version integrates Esko’s three legacy work flow applications: Backstage, Nexus, and Odystar into one platform. Automation Engine 12 combines multiple printing techniques allowing complete automation of complex packaging printing jobs. The program supports need to increase quality, reduce errors, and drive down cost to ensure seamless automation from order to print. Automation Engine 12 is the answer to the daily challenges that printers professionals face helping them to increase productivity. Learn more about the new features below and then check out the Automation Engine 12 page for more detailed information.
Noteworthy New Features:
• Automated artwork creation of native files through comprehensive scripting support for Adobe applications (for example, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and third party tools such as Alwan.
• Seamless synchronization between business processes and production through substantially improved integration between Automation Engine and the WebCenter packaging management solution. Also, integration with devices such as Esko’s CDI flexo CTP platesetter has been improved.
• Complete traceability in the platemaking process – a unique plate ID ensures full control of plates going to press and guarantees that the correct plate is re-imaged when required.
• Improved Viewer, making it a full quality control tool. Extra Viewer filters allow breakout dots, flexo plate, flexo print, registration error simulation and total ink coverage to be visualized.
• Fully renewed web-based administration section enables monitoring and intervention from remote locations.