This year’s TLMI Technical Conference, “Turning Vision Into Reality,” will be held in Chicago from September 3rd through 5th, with a focus on education and ways to improve productivity and grow your business. The event organizers are expecting 400 members and guests, and around 100 exhibitors from around the world.
From the invitation:
Forces like sustainability, digital printing, and safety and regulatory standards continue to transform the way companies in our industry do business and formulate growth strategies. Responding to these forces as quickly as possible is essential to converters’ continued success, and their ability to adapt to the market directives that will shape the industry tomorrow. This year’s TLMI Technical Conference is about showing attendees ways to turn their vision into reality; to hear from industry experts and presenters about how companies can improve their bottom line, make production floors more efficient, and improve their internal business practices.
Here’s a quick look at what to expect:
The presentations are scheduled for September 45th and 5th. Topics include:
- Sustainable Label Solutions: A look at the challenges of producing environmentally sustainable labels and solutions.
- Low Migration Inks and LED Curing: An overview of using LED technology to cure inks, along with the legal requirements for using low migration inks with food and pharma packaging.
- How to Manage Color Through Pre-press and Beyond: An entire session on getting quality, consistent color.
- B-FDA and OSHA: New Standards and Reforms Affecting the Industry: This session will look at OSHA’s updated Hazard Communication Standard, and the new Food Safety Modernization Act, with information on how packaging and material suppliers can comply.
- Measure Waste: Measure Twice, Cut Once: Waste reduction is on everyone’s minds, and this session will focus on best practices for reducing waste, and A&V’s Jessica Harkins is a co-chair.
There’s an app:
TLMI has created an app just for this year’s conference. You can create a profile, which will be shared with other conference attendees. Suppliers can post information for download, and converters can download information. The app will also have info on the education sessions, plus there’s a scheduling feature to help you keep track of what you’re doing during the conference.
TLMI Technical Conference
September 3 to 5, 2013
Hyatt Regency Chicago
Register here: http://www.cvent.com/d/jcqtht